Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WEEK 9 EOC

Certain things come and go in life, but there is a thin line between wants and needs. When I was 16 years old, money was irrelevant to me when it came down to sneakers, clothes or jewelry. Living in New York influenced me into becoming the person I once used to be. Just like the fast pace lifestyle, anything can change in a New York minute. Therefore, having money in my pocket made me addicted to the latest and most up to date trends and fashion. Out of all the outrageous shopping sprees and spur of the moment purchases, I can recall one vivid moment of my teenage years. I was out in Northern California for the summer of 2006. The Air Jordan Brand was releasing a limited edition style of the Retro IV basketball sneakers. The reason why they were so exclusive was due to film director Spike Lee. During the late 1980's, Michael Jordan released these sneakers where Spike Lees' alter-ego 'Mars Blackmon' was the spokesman for the infamous Air Jordan commercials. Besides the new color variation, the shoes actually have Spike Lees' face printed in the corner of the heel. My cousin and I waited in line for three hours even though the store didn't open until 7 in the morning. The retail value was priced at $115. However, the sneakers are now worth up to $300 since they were sold out in stores and never issued again. So in my opinion, this purchase was worth well more than I originally imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment