Monday, April 19, 2010

EOC WEEK 2

- As a child, I can recall spending my summer vacations in northern California with my older cousin, who had introduced me to DJing. Unlike him, my own personal DJ set up was incomplete due to the missing half of a Limited Edition Gemini Turntable. However, I was browsing through an electronics store on Market Street in San Francisco one day, when I found "The Turntable of My Dreams." When I asked for the price, the man at the counter told me it was on sale for $200 since it was the last one left. I reached into my pocket and noticed that I was $50 dollars short, when it dawned on me, this product was discontinued and I would not find it anywhere else! I explained my situation to the man, but he was hesitant and told me that he could possibly lose his job if his boss found out about the bargain. For a second there, it felt like the most disappointing day of my life. Out of no where, the man took a good look at me, scratched his head and realized that I was from out of town. Suddenly, he told me to take the turntable and leave the money on the counter. I couldn't believe it, I felt so relieved and told the man I appreciated his generosity. Right before I walked out he said to me, "You telling me you gonna take this thing all the way back to New York with you?" I simply replied, "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm gonna do."


No comments:

Post a Comment